- Your squad consists of you and ten selected tweeters who earn you points by tweeting during a cricket game.
- One of the 10 is the vice captain (you are the captain, obviously).
- Every time someone on your team gets retweeted during the match, you earn a point.
- Your ‘budget’ is that your ten tweeters must have a total of less than 150,000 followers.
- Your squad can have no more than one current or retired cricketer and only one with more than 25,000 followers.
- Your squad must have at least one tweeter with less than 200 followers. They are your tailender.
- The maximum number of tweeters you can have is eight from one country, or nine of the one gender.
- If England is playing, you cannot choose Kevin Pietersen and you must choose Alastair Cook.
- Your vice captain and tailender score you double points.
I would be an avid fan of this…but I don’t have a Twitter account. Anyway, go to the website, subscribe to their podcast on iTunes (Can’t Bowl Can’t Throw), like them on Facebook, follow them on Twitter and Instagram, subscribe to the email service…do everything. Literally, what are you still doing on my blog? They have much better stuff than me.
***UPDATE: I now do have an account, @NickTheStatsGuy, and I’ll be doing this for Australia v West Indies.***