Apologies for the day late. I thought it started tomorrow. 😅 Anyway, here’s a prediction for the important players in the men’s tournament.
- Novak Djokovic: The #1 seed. He’s taken Nadal’s spot. Will make at least the quarter finals. If he beats Nadal, he will win. Winner.
- Thanasi Kokkinakis: AutoCorrect has nothing for ‘Kokkinakis’. Plays in the best sounding match up ever for the first round, Kokkinakis v Basilashvili. Plays Tomic in the second round, Djokovic in the third. Third round.
- Bernard Tomic: First Aussie seed since Hewitt. Hopefully has gotten over his ego. Plays Kokkinakis in the second, will lose. Second round.
- Rafael Nadal: Playing in a totally unknown environment, sixth seed. Should cruise through until he meets Djokovic in the quarter final. Quarter final.
- Andy Murray:
England’sScotland’s pride and joy. Even in tennis, the Poms can’t produce the best themselves! Kyrgios will upset him. Third round.
- Nick Kyrgios: If his back’s right, he could do anything. And won’t have to face Djokovic or Nadal until the semi finals. Heck…semi final.
- James Duckworth: Will play a five set epic in the first round, carrying on for five hours. Then, will push Cilic to five two days later, before eventually losing 8-10. Second round.
- Kei Nishikori: The Li Na of men’s tennis. Through to the second round already. Should beat Matosevic, but will lose to Berdych in the quarters. Quarter final.
- Marinko Matosevic: Plays Nishikori next round. Loses in four. Second round.
- Tomas Berdych: A dark horse, but a dangerous one. Makes his way to the semi final, and beats Warwinka. Runner-up.
- Stanislas Wawrinka: Tennis’s new favourite Swiss. Already through to the second, making his way to an all-Switzerland semi final with Federer. Wins, but loses the next round. Semi final.
- Sam Groth: A good Aussie, but not up to class. First round.
- Roger Federer: Nearing the end. It would be a fairytale if he won, but I’m afraid he’ll have to do it at Wimbledon. Quarter final.