Last time, it was in the possession of SL Benfica (POR) after the 1961-62 European Cup.
- 1962-63: SL Benfica loses to FC Porto
- 1963-64: FC Porto loses to GD CUF
- 1964-65: GD CUF loses to Sporting CP
Here, we have a pickle. Since we don’t have the exact dates for the 1965-66 Portugeuse season, we can either go with that or move on to the 1965-66 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup.
In the domestic league, they lost twice to SL Benfica, so it would go to them. However, they lost to RCD Espanyol (ESP) 3-4 in the ICFC, so by rights they have it. I’m giving the ICFC the benefit of the doubt here, so:
- RCD Espanyol loses to Steagul Rosul Brasov (ROM) 2-4
- Steagul Rosul Brasov loses to RCD Espanyol 1-0
- RCD Espanyol loses to FC Barcelona 1-0
- FC Barcelona loses to Chelsea (ENG) 0-2
- Chelsea loses to FC Barcelona 0-5
Back to the La Liga for 1966-67, but not for long.
- FC Barcelona loses to Valencia CF 0-3
- European Cup-Winner’s Cup: Valencia CF loses to FC Steaua București (ROM) 0-1
- 1968-69 Divizia A: League won by UTA Arad
- 17 September 1969, European Cup: UTA Arad loses to Legia Warsaw (POL) 1-2
- 15 April 1970, European Cup: Legia Warsaw loses to Feyenoord (NED) 0-2
Heading in to the 1970s, it goes to that little country that has barely escaped catastrophic flooding, the Netherlands.